EMERGENCY PROTEST AGAINST CUTS AT BARTS AND THE LONDON NHS TRUST
Friday 11th February 5pm onwards at the Royal London Hospital E1
Meet outside the main entrance opposite Whitechapel Tube
Join the protest against BLT’s plan to axe services and jobs
· 250 nurses, 83 other clinical posts including doctor time
· in total 630 jobs to go
· 100 beds to close
Defend our NHS in Tower Hamlets
· 500 jobs gone at local NHS Primary Care Trusts
· cuts at Mile End
· across London up to 50% cuts in community health services such as district nursing
· mental health services expect huge cuts
· over £100M a year to go as payment to the private company running the new PFI hospital while services are being cut
David Cameron misled us before the 2010 election when he said that NHS funding would be protected. 120,000 jobs are under threat, with £14 billion NHS cuts over three years. Privatisation races ahead. Local council cuts attack home care, housing and services for those most in need. . Public service cuts are making working class people pay for the bankers’ crisis. The fight back has started. Speech therapists in Southwark have taken strike action against job cuts. 100s attended a protest meeting in Bow last Thursday against LBTH cuts. Staff and the local community marched on Saturday against £15M cuts at the Homerton.
This emergency protest has been called by health workers, trades unionists and local residents to mark the announcement of the Barts and the London cuts and to say they are dangerous and unnecessary. Come along and bring people!